A short circuit sets fire to 3,000 m² of warehousing at Sovex near Bordeaux

Thursday April 25 2019 by Vitisphere

“The incident will not affect the company's business nor customer service”, said Sovex.“The incident will not affect the company's business nor customer service”, said Sovex. - Photo credit : Sovex

On April 16, a tremendous accidental fire broke out in the warehouses of trading company Sovex Grands Châteaux. It didn’t cause any injuries, but burnt crates and pallets of wine. Located in Carbon-Blanc, in the suburbs of Bordeaux, the storage warehouse caught fire in the afternoon, requiring the intervention of around sixty fire fighters and fifteen or so fire engines, according to a report by the daily newspaper Sud-Ouest. Referring to “partial damage to one of its 3,000 square metre warehouses”, a Sovex press release minimised the impact of the disaster, stressing that the firm manages 21,000 square metres of warehouse space and was able to resume shipping on 18 April, two days after the fire.

2 million bottles potentially affected

The fire was caused by a short circuit in the lighting supply to the warehouse ceiling”, said Daniel Immacolato, Sovex's general manager, who was not forthcoming with details of the damage, neither the volume, value or quality of the damaged wines. The France3 television channel released an initial estimate indicating that 2 million bottles were destroyed in the fire.

 

LEAVE A COMMENT

Copy the code :
Processing
© Vitisphere 2020 - Tout droit réservé