TMall unveils the technologies of a futuristic wine merchant

Thursday June 07 2018 by Vitisphere

The average buyer on Alibaba is female (70% of users), aged between 18 and 29 years old (45%) and interested in a healthy lifestyle (30%).The average buyer on Alibaba is female (70% of users), aged between 18 and 29 years old (45%) and interested in a healthy lifestyle (30%). - Photo credit : Alexandre Abellan

In the age of online wine shopping and social media, the ten million Hong Kong dollar question is: what will the wine merchants of the future look like? Give up? The Chinese website TMall certainly has plenty of imagination when it comes to the issue. At Vinexpo Hong Kong, the subsidiary of the Alibaba group presented the latest technologies that it could soon apply to wine sales in China.

"Our new distribution model integrates in-depth online and offline purchasing to deliver an unprecedented service. We connect the consumer, the brand and the platform," said TMall president Mike Hu at a press conference on May 30. Highlighting its use of big data to find out its customers’ consumption patterns, the online sales website has essentially developed purchasing assistance technologies that are similar to maximum automation and information.

Marketing by application

Alibaba estimates that 18% of Chinese purchases are made online. To grow the remaining 82%, the online sales group is developing a strategy linking online and offline consumption and contact points. “We noticed that the period of commercial activity among the younger generation is between 10pm and midnight, when the shops are closed. We are proposing to increase offline sales productivity by at least 30%”, says Mike Hu.

 

 

 

LEAVE A COMMENT

Processing

COMMENTS

No comments yet.

© Vitisphere 2019 - Tout droit réservé